The second episode of Duel of Taints, in which Kane and Rett take a trip to Westeros and talk about the purple wedding, the prince who was promised, and the dragon with three heads.
This episode was originally recorded as a bonus to the first. But with an hour of content we thought it could stand on its own. There isn’t much of a duel this time around. But we talk in depth about the Game of Thrones, and whatever else floats our fancy.
I’m usually not much of a stickler for spoilers, but there have been a few of you who have emailed in and requested to have a list of spoilers at the very least. And since you all did it so nicely, here is cheat sheet. Albeit not as tight as I could be.
For the most part there is a lot of speculation in this episode 1) up until about 11:00 is spoiler free if you have watched all available GoT episodes.
2)11:15-11:30 contains knowledge that might upset some people. Personally I don’t consider it a spoiler. But I suppose some of you do. However after 11:30 We go into detail of Sansa’s exodus from Kings Landing as described in the book. Again if you are caught up, it’s not a problem. S04 E05 should be sufficient.
3) 13:30 – 13:45 contains the same bit of above spoiler info. Again, I don’t consider it spoiler. But I’m playing nice.
4) After 13:45 it goes back to being spoiler free as long as you are caught up. We discuss the trial at length.
5) 15:50 – 17:15 (if you want to be safe) Spoilers, I guess… we discuss scenes that will happen by the end of season 4.
6) 18:15-19:45 we discuss the competitors of Tyrion’s upcoming trial by combat and the motivations of said competitors. I don’t consider this spoilers either. But I suppose if you like surprises…
From here we go into some serious speculation on the prophecies presented in the stories and talk at some length of events that back these speculations.
7) 29:25 SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS. This is spoilers. It’s in the interest of speculation. But we discuss the last page, of the latest book. Fast forward to 30:45 to avoid spoiling the shit out of yourself.
You have now safely avoided all Game of Thrones related spoilers.
Now enjoy the rest of the episode as we explore just how far one tangent can go.
Bonus points to whoever can tell us with certainty the average life expectancy of a Gungan.
And that’s all we have for now!
Tune in next week where we’ll discuss Batman in the Nolanverse.
Email us at email@example.com
Or join the conversation on twitter